Thank you all,

Yes, I opened the file with jedit and saw the small square.
Strange, I copied and pasted form the tex file into the new tex file. All with TeXShop.
 Now, I have (luckily) the announced problem with fonts.
I'm not on my machine and I cannot try the changes you all proposed.
As soon as I can (monday), I will test all.

Thanks again (it's a great community)

-a-