Hello Hans,

I'm slowly getting there, only two more problems to solve ;) The first thing is, that to use some of the characters in the fontset I have to use \th to display them, but I have no idea how to accomplish that in context as everytime I use \somerunes \th, or \somerunes{\th} ... I get an error message. If i double mascerade it like \\th i get the symbols for the characters t and h. I am sure there is a way to get this working.

The next thing, which I guess is to search more on the font-subsystem of context, is the fact that I only get my characters displayed when viewing the .dvi-file with xdvi. When executing texexec --pdf or using dvipdf (or dvips) I get nothing, or the charaters in the standard latin-typeset (i.e. ASCII).

I solved the second problem. I copied the map and type1 fonts into the directories mentioned in the readme to the font (which where latex-specific). After looking at the texexec output and some try and error, I finaly got all working. So if I now do a texexec --pdf I get a pdf-file with the font included.

how does your code look?

That is my code for testing (nothing more in there, the following is the whole document)

\setuppapersize[a4][a4]
\starttext
\startbodymatter
\loadmapfile[allrunes.map]
\definefont[somerunes][frumbr sa 1]
\somerunes{\\th} % This is where the problem lies. I need to get the \th working to produce a rune
\stopbodymatter
\stoptext

can you send me a zip with the tfm files?

I guess you don't need it any more, as the font-inclusion is working now. If you still need it drop me a line.

Regards
Kai