Jin-Hwan Cho wrote:

On Aug 12, 2005, at 7:15 PM, Vit Zyka wrote:

\defineframed[Shaped][...=...]

Thanks. However what I wanted to know was the definition of \Shaped
which generates the second figure in p.145 of metafun-p.pdf (the oval
shape in the second line went to under the first oval).

\startbuffer[def]
\defineframed[Shaped][background=Shape,frame=off,location=low]
\stopbuffer

\getbuffer[def]

We can now put this background shape behind the running text,
for instance with:

\startbuffer
.... some \inframed[background=Shape]{text} with a frame ...
.... some \Shaped{text} with a frame ...
\stopbuffer

\typebuffer

\startlines
\getbuffer
\stoplines

The \type {\Shaped} macro was defined as:

\typebuffer[def]

this last line had no [def] so the wrong buffer was shown; it's indeed defined
by \defineframed[Shapes]