Thomas—

At this point I am not sure how to diagnose the problem(s) or to solve it (them).

But, for the record, when I open Terminal and type
cd /Library
sudo ln -s /usr/local/teTeX ./teTeX

the teTeX alias is regenerated. Yet, when I try to open teTeX by double clicking the alias icon, I get The alias “teTeX” could not be opened because the original item could not be found.

Is the original still somewhere on my backup disk (a clone of my setup back home) or has it been destroyed?

And you are right, I still cannot get past the
    tcsh: texexec: Command not found
error when I try to process a file.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am hoping to get some writing done while I am away, and I am committed to using ConTeXt in the various projects.

Best, Alan