Gavin Sinclair wrote:

On 9/8/05, Mojca Miklavec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gavin Sinclair wrote:
Adam Lindsay wrote:
(This doesn't look like the problem here, but) Are you running the
latest ConTeXt? There was a bug in the OpenType support in TeXFont that
was fixed  in the distribution as of a couple months ago.
I believe so.  I installed ConTeXt for the first time about 10 days
ago.  It was a MiKTeX package, so I'm relying on that being up to
date.
Don't rely on it. MikTeX has just updated ConTeXt (after two months).
Once during the last weekend and once on Monday (5.9.). However, the
format is from 27.7., 6 official releases ago. Minimal ConTeXt
distribution (or replacing some files in teTeX for example) is the
best way if you want to keep up-to-date. (MikTeX has some other
advantages however.)

Thanks for the tip. texexec --version tells me
              context : ver: 2005.06.27
              cont-en : ver: 2005.06.27  fmt: 2005.8.31  mes: english

which is pretty uncool.  I guess I'll give the mswincontext.zip a try.
I've hesitated because I don't see any clear instructions anywhere
and the directory structure in that zip file is unusual for a Windows
distro.  Also don't want to ditch MiKTeX entirely because I'm
experimenting with LyX.  Sigh...

How about just installing ConTeXt myself on top of MiKTeX?  Should work, right?
just unzip the file in some safe place, running 'setuptex' (in a dos box)
should give you an isolated tex environment; it's on my agenda to provide a
miktex bintree as well, but only for testing since miktex has a rather good
update mechanism (no reason to duplicate that -)

[my main reason for putting the minimals on the web is that they provide isolated environments, which is somethign i need for projects]; they also demonstrate what is needed for context Hans