On 10/10/21 3:23 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

what do you mean with 'quite different'

Hans

Hi Hans,

My current stumbling block is dealing with the `align` environment.
I replace `\begin{align}/\end{align}` with
`\startmathalignment/\stopmathalignment`, and replace all `&` characters
with `\NC` and `\\` with `\NR`, which is simple enough.
However, the two commands work differently - `align` doesn't care
how many columns you have, but `mathalignment` does. This makes dealing
with aligned equations containing matrices hard - you can't just count
how many `&`s you see before you get to a `\\`, because you might be
inside of a matrix in which case they don't count.

Also, `mathalignment` and `matrix` want a leading `\NC` to start each
column, while LaTeX `align` and `matrix` just want `&` as a column
separator.

These are just a couple examples, but in general it's not enough to do
naive string substitution in LaTeX and get valid ConTeXt back, and my
patchwork solutions are starting to smell.

Thanks,

Jason