On 10/31/2021 5:35 AM, kauśika cittūr wrote:
On Saturday, October 30, 2021 9:16:15 PM IST Hans Hagen wrote:
cf the pdf speca:

Creator: If the document was converted to PDF from another format,
the name of the PDF processor that created the original document from
which it was converted.

Producer: If the document was converted to PDF from another format,
the name of the PDF processor that converted it to PDF.

so changing that is kind of cheating.

Hans

Dear Hans,

Thanks for the reference. Just to clarify, I only do this for VERY FEW
documents I make, not all.

In some cases, I need to keep the author of the document unidentifiable for
purposes of security, since otherwise, people who know how to look for
metadata can easily identify that I am the author given the small # of people
using ConTeXt. In my department at university I am the only one using it as
far as I know. The 'IKTS-VTR' values above are just an abbreviation for my
lab/course.

I bet that clever students can trace that down -)

Anyway, since it is not good practice, I will try to make do without this.
in that case you probably need to hide more .. (when you process with \nopdfcompression at the top you can look in the pdf, i.e. compression is not encryption

one thing you can do is make a copy of lpdf-xmp.lmt and wipe all tricky values and then use that to make a format

but if security is important, maybe better is to use "qpdf" to encrypt the file (you can then also prevent editing for instance)