Ajith R via ntg-context schrieb am 01.01.2022 um 11:06:
On Sat, 01 Jan 2022 14:28:12 +0530
kauśika <citt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Try with the following:

\definefallbackfamily
   [malayalam]
   [serif]
   [TeX Gyre Pagella][range=controlpictures,force=yes]
\definefontfamily
   [malayalam]
   [serif]
   [RIT Rachana][features=malayalam-two]

\setupbodyfont[malayalam]

I have tested that this works on my system. Ensure that the TeX Gyre
Pagella font is available on your system (ConTeXt ships with a copy
of this font). If it still does not work check the log file for any
messages regarding fallback font.

kauśika
Hi Kaushika,

Thanks. This is working.
But, I don't understand why this is working while the other wasn't even
when it could display the open box when it was the solo font defined?

You used "Latin Modern" which isn't a valid font name, the correct name is "Latin Modern Roman".

Wolfgang