Hi,

There haven't been updates and the reason is that we're in the middle of math and/or wrapping up on transliteration / indic (for which there is also a nice wiki page being made).

Concerning math, we're progressing with some rather flexible spacing, penalty, linebreak extensions but don't want to risk that when not used it gives different results (probably not all can be completely compatible but that is a side effect of getting rid of some hard coded assumptions in the engine). One objective is to make input a bit easier and predictable, esp wrt the often needed correction spacing (\, and friends).

Anyway, in addition to Mikaels request for input an while ago ... if there are 'tex math annoyances' that you think originate in the way tex expects input, and you'd like them to be taken into account, let us know.