Hello Otared,

thanks so much for your testing and comments. — Tthe problem is, that this
thumb-picture should only be placed in the \startboydmatter..\stopbodymatter
sections. In the case of this book however there are the title pages and quite
some text including the TOC in the \startfrontmatter..\stopfrontmatter. SO I
end up with being forced to invoke the setups at the beginning of the
bodymatter.

Thanks!
Kind regards

Willi