On 2022-04-01 12:20, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
Hi,

Normally when we're in the 2022 TeXlive code freeze period, there is a snapshot release but because there hasn't been that many changes, maybe a few patches, in MKIV there is no real snapshot this year. But for the sake of consistency we can consider today's version that snapshot.

It basically means that MKIV has been frozen and is even more frozen now. All new stuff goes in MKXL (aka LMTX) and I suppose that next year we let that end up in TeXlive alongside frozen MKII and MKIV. Of course bugs will be fixed as usual.

So, today is the day we kind of formally freeze MKIV.

Hans

With the freeze of MKIV, how will modules be managed? LMTX still ships without. A while back (https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg100179.html) it was suggest that this would, at some point, change.

--
Rik