On 5/9/22 10:06 PM Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 6:16 PM Alexandre Christe via ntg-context
>
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
> > Sadly I have to report the bibliography is still broken. Could someone
> > else confirm? It's an unfortunate timing since I need to hand in some
> > report really soon.
> I can confirm that there is a problem. But in the example below it
> goes away if I uncomment the \usebtxdefinitions[aps].
>
> /Mikael
>
> \startbuffer[bib]
> @ELECTRONIC{hh2010,
> author = {Hans Hagen},
> year = {2010},
> title = {Metafun. \CONTEXT\ mkiv},
> url = {http://www.pragma-ade.nl/general/manuals/metafun-s.pdf},
> }
> \stopbuffer
>
> \usebtxdataset[bib.buffer]
>
> % \usebtxdefinitions[aps]
>
> \starttext
> \cite[hh2010]
> \placelistofpublications
> \stoptext

Hi Mikael (and others),

[I have not upgraded yet; version: 2022.05.02 16:19, so I don't know if
anything has changed in the new upload, but:]

In your example if you change the tag 'hh2010' to 'HansHagen2010' or anything
with uppercase ASCII chars, the bibliography entries will not be correctly
rendered even if you un-comment '\usebtxdefinitions[aps]' line. [Please see
attached output example]

This issue seems to have originated in the version after 2022.04.15 when 'tag'
and 'field' values in publ-ini.lua were string.lower()'ed. Removing those
statements from the file seems to be a workaround. On the other hand, if the
tag entries are all lower-case (as they were in your example), then there
seems to be no issue. I had reported this earlier, please see:
  https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2022/105585.html

Thanks,
  Sreeram