On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 17:56:45 -0400
John Kitzmiller <jki...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 9:48 AM Alan <braslau.l...@comcast.net>
> > wrote: % Autoform                       is the format string used
> > by autogrid % Autoform_X, Autoform_Y         if defined, are used
> > instead
> >
> > string Autoform ; Autoform = "%g";
> >
> > % string Autoform_X ; Autoform_X := "@.0e" ;
> > % string Autoform_Y ; Autoform_Y := "@.0e" ;
>

> Thanks Alan. I see those lines in the module listing, but could you
> provide some guidance on usage? Can the (re)formatting be done from
> my input file, or do I need to modify mp-grap.mpiv, or some other way?
>
> (Apologies for double-dipping, but usage direction for the
> least-squares fit extension in m-graph would be a gift.)

You can set these strings in your source file, no need to have a
private copy of mp-grap.mpiv

Autoform := "@.0e" ;

or, if you want different formats for the X and Y axes:

string Autoform_X ; Autoform_X := "@.0e" ; % or whatever you want ...
string Autoform_Y ; Autoform_Y := "@.0e" ;

A few notes:

Autoform_X and Autoform_Y are used if known, otherwise it falls back
on the string Autoform.

The format string uses "@" rather then "%", as % is normally scanned as
a comment.

Alan