I'm currently using TexLive 2021 from Gentoo Linux. TexLive 2022 may behave
with slight differences.

* How does /usr/share/texmf-local/web2c/texmfcnf.lua override
/usr/share/texmf-dist/web2c/texmfcnf.lua? According to mtxrun --configurations,
/usr/share/texmf-dist comes later than /usr/share/texmf-local. It seems to me
that texmf-dist should override texmf-local.

* mtxrun --resolve-path '$SELFAUTOPARENT' resolves selfautoparent to '.' which
is the current working directory if selfautodir is /usr. I think mtxrun refuses
to accept '/' as selfautoparent and assigns the current working directory to
selfautoparent. Is this a bug?