On 8/22/2022 7:21 AM, 黄复雄 via ntg-context wrote:
Dear Hans.
Thank you very much for so many examples and guidance.

In fact, I have read one of the examples in the followingup.pdf,
and the https://github.com/Fusyong/vertical-typesetting module I made
is based on the example.

The examples all worked after I changed the font settings according to
my Win10 OS;
and surprisingly, the ruby module also worked with \setscript[hanzi]
  (they don't work together in the example Mr. Wolfgang provided).

I noticed an issu ewith multiple glyphs but am not sure why ... (so we need very small examples to figure it out).

The only problem is that the offsets of glyphs are a bit inaccurate,
which may be related to the font,
and I will look into it further.

in the vertical feature one can tune a bit.

The examples I have adjusted are attached,
and the output PDF of them is not attached for being too big to the
limit of 100 KB.
(Just now I received a reply from the mailing list system asking to
adjust a over-length email,
I mistakenly thought it was about the one to Mr. Wolfgang, so that one
was duplicated and submitted,
please deal with it.)

there are indeed limits

By the way, I've finished checking and adjusting type-imp-mscore.mkiv,
scrp-cjk.lua, and char-scr.lua so far,
but the changes are a bit much (or maybe you can say a bit reckless),
so I'm hesitant to get back to you in order to minimize your troubles.
And as mentioned partly in an earlier email, I've made 3 modules that
support Chinese
(about vertical-typesetting,  Jiazhu or inline cutting note and punctuation)
and I'd be happy to contribute them to the ConTeXt project repository
when they're ripe,
if that's in line with the project policy. Your comments and guidance
are very welcome.

hm, i can have a look at it but we shouldn't break japanese and korean

once you finished all we can see how it can either be integrated or become some third party module (has to do with maintainance)

can you also make a noto typescript for the different chinese setups (for some reason the CJK noto's failed so i used the non CJK ones as i couldn't locate the right files; one cannot longher download al-of-noto in one zip )