On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 04:03:06PM +0200, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:

In that case, run "context --luatex --generate" first and then "context
--luatex a6lua.tex".

This would give you a pure LuaTeX-compiled PDF document.

I think that this PDF document will be fine with your printer.

It was.  I printed it this morning without any problem.  Thank you!

If compiling with --luatex option seem to have more chances to produce a
complete product, shouldn't it be convenient for this option to be the
default?  I would expect 'context file.tex' to work "out of the box" and
produce a correct and complete PDF output.  Would it be possible to have
that changed?  Or is there maybe any other potentially undesirable side
effect?

Also, I guess that can be configured somehow so, what would need to be
changed to have 'context file.txt' to compile using luatex instead of
LuaMetaTeX?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Ángel