Am 29.09.22 um 06:10 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context:
Max Chernoff via ntg-context schrieb am 29.09.2022 um 02:17:
Babel/ngerman sets left/righthyphenmin to 2/2, but ConTeXt sets those to
3/3 for German. (The English default is 2/3). I don't speak German so I
have no idea which is correct, but you can get the same behaviour in
ConTeXt with:

    \mainlanguage[de]
    \lefthyphenmin=2
    \righthyphenmin=2

You can use \setuplanguage to change the values.

\setuplanguage
   [de]
   [ lefthyphenmin=2,
    righthyphenmin=2]

Thank you, Leah, Max and Wolfgang! I changed that immediately in all of my ongoing projects, but I don’t think we should change the default after all these years.

published: https://literatur.social/@fiee/109079837141552277

Hraban