I would suggest the approach of Wolfgang because the standard setting of
\framed(texts)’ width is fit and the height setting can be changed to this too.
Further I would suggest to use an overlay and a Metafun graphic for the
cut-indicators.

\defineoverlay[Cutpointstight][\useMPgraphic{Cutpointstight}]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Cutpointstight}
                path p;
                p := unitsquare xscaled OverlayWidth yscaled OverlayHeight;
                draw ulcorner p;
                draw urcorner p;
                draw llcorner p;
                draw lrcorner p;