On 10/25/22 12:11, Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context wrote:
> [...]
> …. strange, on my machine your example doesn't open the link.
>
> Please have a look here: only the last one («works …») opens the link. Why?

URIs only accept letters belonging to the US-ASCII
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc3986#section-2.3).

Other ones (such as "ö") have to be escaped. This is why only the sample
containing the escaped "ö" (as "%C3%B6" [which TeX needs to escape
again]) worked for you.

It seems that depending on the PDF viewer (and I guess the browser),
unescaped chars in URIs are a must or not.

I’m using Evince and SumatraPDF (with Wine). Firefox opens the links
fine (even using its internal viewer).

Maybe Acrobat is more picky when passing unescaped chars in URIs.

I hope it might help,

Pablo