Am 04.11.22 um 11:52 schrieb Herbert Voss via ntg-context:

\definemeasure[FlapWidth][\measured{PageWidth} * 0.8]

\definemeasure[FlapWidth][0.8\measured{PageWidth}]
works

Yes, thank you!

That’s why I asked for the basics in my first post – which operators can I use how, in which order?

In my "real work" layout, the above approach was not always possible.

I looked into “TeX by topic”, but Eijkhout shows only how to use \multiply and \advance. (Tried that, worked only partly.)

I was also thinking about doing the whole thing in Lua (CLD), but it’s mostly setups, and those are usually easier in TeX. (And I’m not sure how to handle dimensions in Lua.)

Hraban