Hello,

As I usually do at the end of each year, I upgraded my ConTeXt installation. I
noticed a change in \vec behavior which doesn't extend the arrow anymore. Here
is my example:

\starttext
Engine: \texenginename\ \texengineversion

\ConTeXt: \contextversionnumber

\type{$\vec{AB}$} : $\vec{AB}$
\stoptext

The result with the latest ConTeXt version:

and with the version from a year ago:

I am aware that I could use \overrightarrow, but I prefer the shape and
position of the \vec arrow, especially with single letters.

What is the rationale for the change in \vec? Is there a way to get the
previous behavior back?

Thanks,

--
Jean-Philippe Rey