On 1/18/23 19:07, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> On 1/18/2023 6:47 PM, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:
> [...]
>> If I’m not wrong (in my previous statement), I think this is
>> counterintuitive, since undefined commands are fine in TeX comments and
>> undefined variables are fine inside \startluacode … \stopluacode.
>
> I bet you'd complain if \the\scratchdimen would not expand. You cannot
> expect context to completely parse what goes into lua beforehand, unless
> you are willing to get a performance hit (apart from a waste of time).

I’m starting to understand that one cannot have it all.

I haven’t used so much Lua code to add an undefined TeX command in a
comment.

Different reply isn’t wrong, only it needs to be known in advance.

> Thanks for adding to the wiki,

I have discovered after the addition that this was explained before
(last paragraph from
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Programming_in_LuaTeX#Calling_Lua_from_TeX).

To emphasize it visually, I abused the <blockquote> element.

If any wiki wizard knows better, please tell.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo