On 3/6/23 23:06, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> On 3/6/2023 7:02 PM, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context wrote:
>
>> But I’m afraid that it is wrong to have a /TrimBox larger than the
>> /MediaBox for the same page.
>
> Afaik the standard permits is to one gets what one asks. I will add some
> checks plus a warning and hopefully not break something.

Many thanks for the check that avoids this issue.

As for the specification in re with boxes larger than the media box:

In theory, trim and crop boxes may be larger than the media box. But the
specification also warns that in that case, “they [would be] effectively
reduced to their intersection with the media box”

In practice, I see that as an issue of logical consistence. I don’t see
a way of cropping or trimming an A5 page inside the boundaries of an A3
page.

Of course, I may be missing something, but I see crop and trim as
synonyms for cut or reduce.

Many thanks again for your help,

Pablo