On 3/14/2023 7:14 PM, Alan Braslau via ntg-context wrote:
On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 12:03:23 -0600
Gavin <gavinpub...@comcast.net> wrote:

I’d really like one of the acceptable forms to be the form prescribed
by Le Système international d'unités

Maybe the french title is one of the reasons for the USA not picking up on these units? (So let me threaten once again to kick the "in" unit out of context.)

I believe that this point is essential, regardless of history of use of
the \unit{} command. Non-standard use of units can be *tolerated* as
long as they do not conflict with the SI and do not impose non-standard
syntax.

Alan

P.S. It is our guarded secret that the weather is nice here in
Colorado. I do not know of any other place that has real seasons AND
where it is (almost) always sunny! :-)
Here it fluctuates from zero to 15 (and behind the single pane glass in the office room with sun on it then 18 or more). Now of course, given units, you have to guess how much that is becuase you're with your French foot in Celsius, and the English one in Farhenheit and with both feet in Kelvin (for your book).