On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 01:04:30PM +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
wrote:

> There is something strange here.
> Is maybe TEXMFHOME set?
>
> Since you use a TeX live installation, some other texmfcnf.lua or texmf.cnf
> might interfere.
> Look into /usr/local/texlive/2023/

I'll check again to make sure. But keep in mind this issue predates the
official TeX Live installation . I've been using the distro prepackaged for a
while. And yes. It's always been there. Sort of like, it came with the system
:)

> Since it scans everything in your home directory, maybe TEXMFHOME or
> OSFONTDIR is set to ~ (instead ~/texmf) there?

But even if there was a conflict, it wouldn't justify to be scanninp up
everything viciously.

So far I've had to move about 7-8 folders. About 6 of them are owned by root,
the rest are owned by root but symlinked to user.

And to top it off, after doing so, it didn't stop there, heck no, it also
wanted to snoop in a folder with cache and headers.

To be honest. I woudlnt' know what to make of it. If it's simply looking into
the permissions of the directories first,  or the fact that it has a colon
separated pattern. But. Then again. The other folders didn't have it.

I'll let you know.

Thank you Hraban

Carlos
> Hraban

This file will self-destruct in five minutes.