On Thu, 30 Mar 2023, Xavier B. via ntg-context wrote:

> Thanks, Max, for finding the problem. It is related to two more bugs:
> https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf/issues/990
> and
> https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf/issues/958
>
> Perhaps Hans or other people could help tikz staff to do the pending and
> definitive solution.
> It's annoying to have to put workarrounds in production documents.
>
> There is just a glad mkiv user ;-)

I reported that tikz is not working a few months ago, but after a few back and
forth with Hans, could not get it to work. At that time, it appeared that I was
the only have having issues, so I thought that I was making a mistake in how I
was installing the package.

I have reverted to using mkiv for my course notes, because I heavily use
pgfplots and that is not working in LMTX. (I was also using some nice new
features of metafun, and have had to resort to compiling them externally using
LMTX via the filter module and compiling the main doc with MkIV).

Aditya