In a minimal example like this:

\setuppapersize[A5]
\definecolumnset[TwoColumns][n=2]

\starttext
\startcolumnset [TwoColumns]
   \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{knuth}}
\stopcolumnset

\stoptext

… many columns start one line too low and overwrite their last line.

An extended example (nearly the same as in the manual) shows that some column set spans don’t appear:

\showgrid\showframe

\definecolumnset[Beispiel][n=3]
\definecolumnsetspan[Zwei][n=2,color=blue]
\definecolumnsetspan[Drei][n=3,color=red]

\starttext
\startcolumnset[Beispiel]
\startcolumnsetspan[Drei]% this works
{\bfd Überschrift}

Anleser: \dorecurse{2}{#1: \samplefile{knuth}\par}
\stoptitle
\stopcolumnsetspan

Zwischen: \samplefile{tufte}\par

\startcolumnsetspan[Zwei]% This never shows up!
Zwei: \dorecurse{2}{#1: \samplefile{lorem}\par}
\stopcolumnsetspan

Nach: \dorecurse{15}{#1: \samplefile{knuth}\par}
\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

Also I seem to remember that column sets would enforce grid mode, but they clearly don’t.

(BTW the old \startcolumns mode works better than I remembered.)

Hraban