On 20 Aug 2023, at 17:28, Keith McKay <mckaymeis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've updated the zint barcode generator on my mac mini to 2.12.0 and now no
> barcode is produced. I have this vague recollection that it is only the
> 2.10.0 version of zint which works in ConTeXt. If I am correct, is ConTeXt
> likely to be updated so that 2.12.0 works?  I originally installed zint with
> Homebrew. There is a very complicated thread on stackoverflow on how to
> downgrade to previous versions of a formula in homebrew, but it is far too
> complicated for my wee brain.

zint 2.12.0 works for me on an x64 Mac mini using ConTeXt ver: 2023.08.10 02:59

Following the instructions here <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Barcodes>

1) I had to create the path $TEXROOT/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex/zint
2) I symbolic linked directly to the homebrew created libzint library

   $ cd $TEXROOT/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/lib/luametatex/zint
   $ ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/zint/2.12.0/lib/libzint.dylib libzint.so

3) Then
   $ cd ~
   $ mtxrun --generate

4) and the sample file

   \usemodule[zint]
   \starttext
   \barcode[alternative=isbnx, text=9783865419026, width=4cm]
   \stoptext

   produced a barcode.

—
Bruce Horrocks