Am 08.09.23 um 17:02 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
We can discuss the details next week and you put the resulting template on the wiki.

Ah, I guess I understand the template mechanism. Yet again glorious setups. Will probably manage.

So far:

\definepageinjection[chapter:start][
  page=left,
  alternative=setups,
  setups=frontispiz,
  color=white,
  background=color,
  backgroundcolor=Eifel,
]

\startsetups[frontispiz]
\starttransparent[tlumi]%
\externalfigure[\structureuservariable{image}][
  width=\measure{MaxWidth},
]%
\stoptransparent%
\stopsetups

\setuphead[chapter][
  page=right,
  style=\ChapterFont,
  beforesection={\pageinjection[chapter:start]},
  command=\ChapterStart,
  before={\startcolumnset[Spalten]},
  after={\vskip-\lineheight}, % fix column start
  inbetween=,
  aftersection={\stopcolumnset},
]

\startchapter[title={Prolog 2: Reiseführer}][
  motto={(quotation.}}, % used in \ChapterStart
  image={00 Lavakeller Mendig g}, % wrong
  blank=2,
]

Not a MWE, I know.
Here’s a screenshot:
https://yemaya.fiee.net/s/G2NcwE8qQrLAx8B

(Funny, I never needed all of before, after, beforesection and aftersection so far.)

The injection is a frame, that’s great, because I can set the background, and \externalfigure starts at (0,0).

But it uses its own page size, I don’t understand why. I need the bleed/trim area.

If I use \setlayer in the setup, the content gets placed on the next page, i.e. under the text.

\structureuservariable{image} in the setup gets the value from the _next_ chapter. Maybe the approach in from the source with
\dummyparameter\c!name
would work better, but I don’t know how to transfer it.

Hraban