Am 12.11.23 um 00:59 schrieb Jim:
Hi,

I've read the wiki, looked at workflows-synctex.tex, searched the web, and
scratched my head, all to no avail.  So here I am, cap in hand...

When I run context, I get a .synctex file which has some information in it,
but I can't find any invocation of synctex to return anything useful.  Nor
does the okular example in the wiki (https://wiki.contextgarden.net/SyncTeX)
work for me.  Ocular starts, but always on the first page, regardless of
what line number I give it.

On the other hand, pdftex creates a .synctex file which my copy of synctex
find useful.

I am using the synctex from the current version of texlive:
         This is SyncTeX command line utility, version 1.5

Can anyone either
(a) enlighten me on what I am doing wrong; or
(b) definitively confirm that context is not currently playing nicely with
     synctex (the wiki notwithstanding) and I should give up this quest for
     now.

ConTeXt doesn’t work with the synctex binary, but with
mtxrun --script synctex

Unfortunately, it’s not a drop-in replacement, so it doesn’t work with most editors. (I was thinking about a translating wrapper script, but didn’t do anything yet.)

AFAIK TeXshop (MacOS) is the only TeX editor that supports ConTeXt’s workflow.

ConTeXt’s synctex format is much simpler than the “standard” LaTeX one and should be at least as good, but alas it needs support from the editors.

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /