On 10 Dec 2023, at 10:30, Jigé via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

> I've been struggling with basic page layout.
>
> The left margin extends outside the left edge of the page.
> Example (from the wiki):

I don't know why it is like this but changing it now would probably break a lot
of documents that rely on the defaults.

I suspect that most people, me included, simply adjust margin sizes until they
have a pleasing result. This would only become a problem if margin text is used
a lot.

The following corrects for the left margin starting off the page for both
single and doublesided documents. The remainder of the settings will need
adjusting to suit your specific circumstances.

\setuppapersize[A4][A3]
\setuplayout[location=middle]
\setuplayout[backspace=30.8mm]
\starttext