Am 11.01.24 um 20:15 schrieb vm via ntg-context:

On 11/01/2024 19:52, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
Here’s a preliminary schema of LMTX. What do you think?

as is, it is difficult to understand where to look.
what does is describe?

e.g. what is the distinction between the 'source' (lua tex) and the 'resources' (fonts icc lib) and the 'frontend' (tex xml png ...mp)
(no lua?)

I tried to show that ConTeXt consists of tex and lua files – but the functional elements probably would make more sense, like in the binary. I’m not sure which to name, though: parser, paragraph builder, page builder, pdf backend – what else? And isn’t it too complicated again?

Resources are not part of the core system (even if partially of the distribution), but needed depending on the project.

Yes, input can also contain Lua, of course.

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /