Hi Shiv,

The author of tikz-euclide has another package, tikz-elements, which looks like
it could be used to do all of these calculations for MetaFun.

The tikz-elements package, in spite of its name, appears to contain exactly one
line of TikZ code. This line is in the very simple style file,
tkz-elements.sty. Everything else is written in Lua. I think we could write a
simple ConTeXt environment file that would replace tkz-elements.sty, making all
of the tikz-elements package available for MetaFun rather than TikZ.

This would not give you the pretty drawing features of tikz-euclide, since
those features really are written in TikZ. I do not know of a MetaPost package
that does the same thing, but there might be one.

One pretty MetaPost drawing option is the byrne package by Sergey Slyusarev,
which he used (with ConTeXt) to reproduce Oliver Byrne’s 1847 quirky edition on
the first six books of Euclid’s “Elements”. All of the drawing is in MetaPost,
and would work with MetaFun (I think). The LaTeX package is in TeX Live, and
the ConTeXt version is at https://github.com/jemmybutton/byrne-euclid/.

Gavin

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /