On 2/28/24 19:28, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> [...]
> \def\beforequadruplenumber#1%
>    {\ifcase\numexpr#1+1;4\relax
>       \number\numexpr#1+4\relax
>     \else
>       \number\numexpr#1+3-#1;4\relax
>     \fi}

Sorry for not having answered before, Wolfgang.

I’m afraid I don’t get how \ifcase is deployed with as conditional
(being \ifcase used to give numbers for weekdays or months).

The semicolon is also mysterious to me, I don’t know what it does there
in plain language.

Sorry, I know it has to be simple, but the syntax is too cryptic for me.

Could you write the first line in plain language?

Sorry for asking that. I’m afraid this would be the only way I could get
what \ifcase is doing there.

BTW, neither your command, nor mine work in my real world document. But
this would be another issue.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /