Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

Alan,

I know next to nothing about math, but I know that the Greek typescripts do not define a math font. So you will get errors doing math when the body font is Greek. I wish I could help, but defining a math font is beyond my abilities. If anyone is interested in doing it, however, I will be happy to provide the specs for the Greek fonts.

because math is also used for text (some symbols) you need a math font (when using typefaces); the best is to define greek as part of a typeface and define a proper math with it); it depends a bit on what trickery you use;

(normally such problems should not happen so i'm a bit puzzled)