Charles Doherty via ntg-context schrieb am 26.05.2024 um 11:27:
Dear Wolfgang,

I have a book in preparation with running heads.

Pagenumber  marking   |    marking      Pagenumber

The chapter title page has empty headings.

The publisher would like the page number centered on the Chapter title page. I
manage to put it there but I don’t want it to run on the following pages. I
have made various attempts but can’t manage it.

I have

\setuplayout[location=doublesided]
\setuppagenumbering[location=,alternative=doublesided]

\setupheadertexts[chapter][][pagenumber]
\setupheadertexts[{\getmarking[chapter]}][pagenumber]

Please send a complete working example next time.

Can anyone show me code to achieve this?

1. You use \setupheadertexts to set the header for all pages.

2. You use \definetext to create a custom header for the chapter page and apply it with the header-key in \setuphead.

%%%% begin example
\setuppagenumbering
  [location=,
   alternative=doublesided]

\setupheadertexts
  [chapter] [pagenumber]
  [pagenumber] [chapter]

\definetext
  [chapterheader]
  [header]
  [pagenumber]

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [header=chapterheader]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}
  {\startchapter[title=Chapter \convertnumber{Word}{#1}]
   \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{lorem}}
   \stopchapter}

\stoptext
%%%% end example