Am Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2024, 16:34:03 MESZ schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> \startsetups [userdata:extract]
>      \startnarrower
>          \setupindenting[next]
>          \getuserdata
>          \hairline
>          \dontleavehmode\wordright{\itx\userdataparameter{author}}
>      \stopnarrower
> \stopsetups
>
> \defineuserdataalternative
>    [extract]
>    [renderingsetup=userdata:extract]
>
> \defineuserdata
>    [extract]
>    [style=italic,
>     alternative=extract]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startextract[author=René Descartes]
>      Cogito ergo sum.
> \stopextract
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

I tried to combine this with the code of the mail thread: "setuphead in
connection with the command argument" but had not luck.
ConTeXt always stops with:
```
close source    > level 1, order 2, name './mwe.tex'
tex error       > runaway error: end of file encountered
mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1
```

Here is the MWE:
```
\startsetups [userdata:extract]
        \getuserdata
        \hairline
        \itx\userdataparameter{author}
\stopsetups

% original definition (also does not work)
% \startsetups [userdata:extract]
%      \startnarrower
%          \setupindenting[next]
%          \getuserdata
%          \hairline
%          \dontleavehmode\wordright{\itx\userdataparameter{author}}
%      \stopnarrower
% \stopsetups

\defineuserdataalternative
   [extract]
   [renderingsetup=userdata:extract]

\defineuserdata
   [extract]
   [style=italic,
    alternative=extract]

\defineframed[chapter_frame][
        width=\textwidth,
        align=flushright,
        offset=0pt,
        rulethickness=0pt
]

\startsetups[my_chapter]
        \startlocalheadsetup
                \startframed[chapter_frame]
                        \blank[2cm]
                        \startfont[Serif sa 8]
                                \color[darkgray]{\headnumbercontent}
                        \stopfont
                        \blank[5mm]
                        \startfont[SerifBold sa 2]
                                \color[m-indigo-800]{\headtextcontent}
                        \stopfont
                        \blank[1cm]
                        \startfont[SerifBold sa 1.5]

\color[m-indigo-800]{\structureuservariable{subtitle}}
                        \stopfont
                        \blank[3cm]

\startextract[author={\structureuservariable{quoteauthor}}]
                                \structureuservariable{quote}
                        \stopextract
                \stopframed
        \stoplocalheadsetup
\stopsetups

\defineheadalternative[chap][renderingsetup=my_chapter]

\setuphead[title, chapter][
        alternative=chap,
        after={\page[yes]},
        sectionsegments=2:2,
        header=high,
        footer=high,
        style=
]

\starttext

% embedded startextract into startchapter does not work
\startchapter[title=Foo][subtitle=bla, quoteauthor={René Descartes}, quote={%
        Cogito ergo sum.
}]
\stopchapter

\startextract[author=René Descartes]
        Cogito ergo sum.
\stopextract

\stoptext
```

I also tried to combine it less interleaved, but it fails with the same error:
```
[...]

\defineframed[chapter_quote][
        width=\textwidth,
        align=flushright,
        offset=0pt,
        rulethickness=0pt
]

\startsetups[my_chapter]
        \startlocalheadsetup
                \startframed[chapter_frame]
                        \blank[2cm]
                        \startfont[Serif sa 8]
                                \color[darkgray]{\headnumbercontent}
                        \stopfont
                        \blank[5mm]
                        \startfont[SerifBold sa 2]
                                \color[m-indigo-800]{\headtextcontent}
                        \stopfont
                        \blank[1cm]
                        \startfont[SerifBold sa 1.5]

\color[m-indigo-800]{\structureuservariable{subtitle}}
                        \stopfont
                        \blank[3cm]
                        \startframed[chapter_quote]
                                \structureuservariable{quote}
                        \stopframed
                \stopframed
        \stoplocalheadsetup
\stopsetups

\defineheadalternative[chap][renderingsetup=my_chapter]

\setuphead[title, chapter][
        alternative=chap,
        after={\page[yes]},
        sectionsegments=2:2,
        header=high,
        footer=high,
        style=
]

\starttext

% embedded startextract into startchapter does not work
\startchapter[title=Foo][subtitle=bla, quote={%
        \startextract[author=René Descartes]
                Cogito ergo sum.
        \stopextract
}]
\stopchapter

\startchapter[title=Foo][subtitle=bla, quote={bla}]

\startextract[author=René Descartes]
        Cogito ergo sum.
\stopextract

\stopchapter