Am 17.06.24 um 19:51 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context:
Dear list,

the latest version of LMTX can digitally sign PDF documents. It requires
OpenSSL installed (since it does the crypto part).

Could anyone confirm the following issues?

1. The signature I get is wrong, unless I apply this patch
(https://mailman.ntg.nl/archives/list/dev-cont...@ntg.nl/message/T3OCKVZWTUTIXCSOKIFRVJ4X76MROZHE/attachment/3/byterange.diff
[sent by myself to the devel list]).

Can confirm.

Before patching, I checked with …
– Acrobat Reader: doesn’t recognize a signature
– Foxit Reader: "a signature is invalid"

2. I cannot get any signature display in Acrobat. Does any PDF viewer (I
have tested this with pdfsig from poppler and MuPDF-GL) display the
digital signature at all?

After patching, I checked with …
– Acrobat Reader: doesn’t recognize a signature
– Foxit Reader: "there’s something wrong with a signature" (i.e. different message)
– Apple Preview: doesn’t handle signatures at all
– PDF Studio Pro 2023: shows signature, "don’t know if valid, issuer unknown" etc.
– Master PDF Editor: can edit form fields, but doesn’t handle signatures
– Skim: doesn’t handle signatures

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /