On Tue, 2024-06-18 at 00:54 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> complete example needed
>
> - tex file
> - bib file

Hello Hans,

While trying to prepare a minimal for you I noticed that now all of my
footnotes disappear. Here is a minimal using the buffer method so there
is only one file:

   \startbuffer[testdata]
   @Book{cicero-tuscu2011,
    author     = {Cicéron, Marcus Tullius},
    editor     = {Fohlen, G.},
    publisher  = {Les Belles Lettres},
    title      = {Tusculanes},
    year       = {2011},
    address    = {Paris},
    edition    = {7e tirage},
    isbn       = {9782251010830},
    series     = {œuvres philosophiques},
    volume     = {1},
    ppn_gvk    = {1823774121},
    translator = {Jules Humbert},
   }
   \stopbuffer

   % Setup bibliography...

       % Select References.bib and name it the main database...
       \usebtxdataset[main][testdata.buffer]

       % Citation style...
       \usebtxdefinitions[apa]

       % Use our main dataset for citations...
       \setupbtx[dataset=main]

       \definebtxrendering[main][apa][dataset=main]

       \setupbtxrendering[main][
           pagestate=start,
           continue=yes,
           numbering=yes]

       % Macro to put the citations as footnotes...
       \unexpanded\def\footnotecite{\dodoubleempty\domycite}
       \def\domycite[#1][#2]%
           {\ifsecondargument
               \footnote{\cite[alternative=entry,#1][main::#2]}%
           \else
               \footnote{\cite[alternative=entry][main::#1]}%
           \fi}

   \starttext
   Some footnote here.\footnotecite[cicero-tuscu2011]

Kip Warner
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred
https://www.thevertigo.com

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /