Am 08.07.24 um 14:39 schrieb Bruce Horrocks:

On 7 Jul 2024, at 19:34, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:

Am 07.07.24 um 20:22 schrieb Bruce Horrocks:
On 7 Jul 2024, at 10:51, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:

Also, is it possible to have different captions in first and other parts?
This previous thread might help.
<https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg102641.html>

Thank you, but that doesn’t fit my use case: In my ConTeXt book, there are many
long tables of parameters. The caption says “Parameters of \setupsomething”,
but I’d also give hints like “You can also use the parameters of \setupframed,
see p.123.”. I’d like to have these hints only in the first caption, and
they’re different for each table.

It’s not that important, I can move the text somewhere else, but often enough
in ConTeXt there are obscure features for advanced stuff.

If I understand you correctly then this does what you want. It's a bit of a
hack though.

\defineselector [caption] [max=2]

\starttext

\setupfloatsplitting [inbetween={\setupselector[caption][n=2]}]

\setupselector[caption][n=1]
\placetable[split]
   {\select{caption}
     {Parameters of \type{\setupsomething}. You can also use the parameters of
\type{\setupframes}, see page. 123}
     {Parameters of \type{\setupsomething}.}
   }
   {\bTABLE
    \dorecurse{100}{
    \bTR \bTD One \eTD \bTD two \eTD \eTR
    \bTR \bTD One \eTD \bTD two \eTD \eTR
}
\eTABLE}

\stoptext

Thank you, that’s a good idea. (Another mechanism in ConTeXt that I didn’t know and need to document…)

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /