Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 25.08.2024 um 13:45:
At the meeting I noted a few units that I didn’t know about, while I already knew many.

* general units: in, m, cm, mm (ft?)
* typographical units: pt, dd, bp, pc, cc, sp
* font related: em, ex, fs, fa, fd, fc, ch
* layout related: pw, ph, tw, th, cw, cd, lw, hs, vh
* frame related: fw, fh, fo
* funits: dk, es, tv, eu

Are there even more?

Yes, there are more of them.

Look into the lowlevel-registers document which describes how they are
created and also how you can define your own identifiers with \newuserunit.

Questions:

How differs "1" from "2"?
* em fs

\startbuffer[dimensions]
\starttabulate
\NC em \EQ \the\dimexpr1em\relax \NC\NR % \emwidth
\NC fs \EQ \the\dimexpr1fs\relax \NC\NR % \globalbodyfontsize
\stoptabulate
\stopbuffer

\starttext

\getbuffer[dimensions]

\setupbodyfont[14.4pt]

\getbuffer[dimensions]

\stoptext

* lw hs

lw stands for \linewidth which is the default value for rulethickness in \framed etc.

hs is just \hsize.

* ph vh

ph is \paperheight.

vh doesn't exist.