Thomas Meyer schrieb am 28.09.2024 um 11:40:
Hi guys,

Is it possible to set the first line of an indented paragraph in a different font? I saw it in a book. There, the first line was indented to half the line width (\setupindenting[yes, .5\textwidth]) and set in smallcaps.

Yes it is possible but it stops when the indentation gets too large.

There seems to be a few other problems because the spaces between the words are too wide and it gets worse with increased indentation.

%%%% begin example
\definefirstline
   [smallcaps]
   [alternative=line,
    style=\setsmallcaps]

\setupbodyfont [pagella]

% even with wider lines the formatting of the first line stops
% \setuppapersize[A4,landscape]

\starttext

% \setupindenting[yes,.5tw]
% \setfirstline[smallcaps]
% \samplefile{lorem}

\doloopoverlist{0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.4,0.5}
   {\setupindenting[yes,\recursestring\textwidth]
    \inleft{\recursestring}
    \setfirstline[smallcaps]
    \samplefile{lorem}
    \blank}

\stoptext
%%%% end example

just comment line 168 in typo-fln (because we run in parindent == glue mode in context, otherwise parindent is applied twice) (i didn't check mkiv)

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /