Hi Taco,

was the request tracker changed? I remember 3 months ago I wrote an entry at http://context.literatesolutions.com . It was something like the fifths entry I think, but I can't remember wether it was called collector (I remember it looked different).

However, now I cannot find it anymore.

So, here is the request again "feature request for placefigure extension":

*** request start ***

Hi,

it would be great if the \placefigure macro could be extended to
combinations like

\placefigure{top,left}

or

\placefigure{bottom,outer}

The reason for this request is that we use ConTeXt a lot for
typesetting books from "arts and humanities".

There we often have to place a lot of (more then 100) figures at
"fixed" positions like top-outer and bottom-inner, wrapped by text.

I guess it's not a trivial feature to be implemented in TeX's
paragraph processing, but I know it might be worth the effort:
ConTeXt's way to deal with fonts and text is so superior that it
should be also accessible for disciplines that besides text also rely
on images - as the arts and humanities do.

Steffen

*** request stop ***

Thank you!

Steffen