If you start i-Installer and go to the Preferences and you go to the "Other" tab you can set an automatic check for updates on i-Packages you have ("Check packages for updates...").

Already done.

This creates a unix 'crontab' entry which is run at the time you have selected (e.g. every day a 07:00). This entry runs a helper program that checks the remote version of all your i-Packages and will report updated i-Packages via Mail.

(Fine. How does this notification happen? Does he knows my email? Or am I asking something stupid?)

Another obvious thing, but just to be sure. "Using gwtex" means for me typesetting from inside TeXShop with standard engine default. Right?

Thanks a lot to all for the support

So, know I'm waiting for updates

-a-