Thanks Taco,

I got it working. Thanks.

In the mean time, now the reference works, I got another nasty  problem.
In my file there is a reference from A to B. Both titles are printed OK.
However, the reference to B. does not  print all right. The culprit is
Ye{{\c{s}}}ilg{\"o}z, Y{{\"u}}cel

I tried different ways to solve this by putting, but alas!
Does anyone know how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Robert

A.
@INCOLLECTION{harchaoui-yesilgoz2003,
  author = {Y{\"u}cel Ye{\c{s}}ilg\"oz and Sadik Harchaoui},
  title = {Hoe vang ik een vlieg},
  booktitle={Vliegen vangen},
  year = {2003},
  pages= {59-85},
  crossref={bovenkerk-komen2003},
}

@BOOK{bovenkerk-komen2003,
editor ="Bovenkerk, Frank and Komen, Mieke and Ye{{\c{s}}}ilg{\"o}z, Y{{\"u}}cel",
  title ={Vliegen vangen},
  address = {Den Haag},
  publisher = {Boom},
  year = {2003},
}

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Hi Rob,

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

I have made an error in that example. It should be

  \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\placepublications}

without the outer braces. Sorry about that (the next release will try
to fix the \crossref).

It is one of those days where nothing goes right ... a) this is still
the wrong solution (should have been a \vbox instead of a \hbox), but
also b) this will not work with the new betas, because they handle the
list placement differently. :-(

So, the only way right now to get the effect of \crossref, is to find
the \crossref-ed items that are missing and \cite them by hand in a
non-displayed box, like so:

  \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{\cite[bovenkerk-komen2003]}

sorry, I messed that up. Like I said earlier: the next release will
definately fix the actual \crossref, and then all of these silly tricks
will become unnecessary.

2.
I also have problems with sorting author names like Van den Heuvel. Under Latex I used \noopsort, but this does not seem to work under Context

This problem was somewhat the reverse of Giuseppe's. The actual
sort order in the bbl is fine, but it failed because the alternative=
and sorttype= commands were both in a single \setuppublications
command, and as a result the sorttype= was ignored completely.

I altered your example document to:

  \setuppublications
     [alternative=apanl]

  \setuppublications
     [sorttype=bbl,
      refcommand=authoryear]

and that made the list come out OK (except for using the english
version of the bibl-apa, since I do not have your dutch one ;-))

Also, if you have the latest beta (1008) there is another bug you
should be aware of. in the definition of \doAU, there is a
\doifempty, where there should be a \doifemptyelse, like so:

\def\doAU#1,#2%
  {\doifemptyelse{#2}
      {#1\bibalternative{otherstext}}
      {#1\bibalternative{andtext}#2}}

I am sorry about all these issues, but at least it should be clear
why it is a beta ... :-/

Greetings, Taco