Hans, Steve, et al,

OK. I have subversion client installed. Now what?

What commands will download what I need?

On Nov 21, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

David Arnold wrote:

Hans et al,

OK. I'd like to start with mfonts.tex. I am working with GWTeX on Tiger and have just updated to all of Gerben's latest stuff, so I am as current as I can be with that distribution.

I do have Ruby on this Mac.

So, hold my hand and and guide me through the compile stage. The first problem, as I see it, is to get the expected organizational tree for these manuals For example, in mfonts.tex, we have:

\environment ../allkind/mcommon.tex

So, should I do some sort of cvs thing and check out all these manuals and documents?

That seems to be the first issue to address.

you need a proper subversion client; steve peter told me he had that running on hsi mac so maybe he has some recommendation; one you have that you can connect to svn.pragma-ade.com and check out the "manuals" tree

the svn tree is readonly, so info needs to be fed back using diff's or patch files to me

on windows there is tortoise svn which hooks nicely into the file handler; i dunno (yet) about the mac (need to look into it)

David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
Eureka, CA 95501