Dear Mailing List,

I understand that the documentation for the new columnsets is very much a
work-in-progress and I appreciate all the work the ConTeXt developers have
graciously put in for free.

However, the official mvlcolumnsets source code included in the install
also does not work. You can try rendering it yourself at
tex/texmf-context/doc/context/sources/general/manuals/mvlcolumnsets.tex

Please note example 102 where the figures with a width spanning
multiple columns are not rendered, and example 006 where two columnsetspans
are not rendered. There are other inconsistencies too.

I was under the impression that the new columnsets system is largely
complete and that the main issue was a lack of documentation. Yet, the
documents written by Hans himself do not appear to be rendering correctly.
Perhaps there are bugs in the system, or maybe I have done something wrong.

Please advise me on how to fix this if possible. I really enjoy using
ConTeXt for typesetting and its column support is unparalleled in terms of
automation.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Wang Chen
___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : [email protected] / 
https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl
webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / https://context.aanhet.net (mirror)
archive  : https://github.com/contextgarden/context
wiki     : https://wiki.contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

Reply via email to