Am 25.06.26 um 10:22 schrieb Jeroen:
I want to generate a press-ready PDF book with cover with the following but I dont seem to get the cover correct.

- Trim size 320 × 240 mm
- MediaBox enlarged using \setuppapersize[cover][oversized]
- Crop marks (marking=color)
- Artwork extending into the bleed outside the TrimBox
- I am using LMTX v. 2026.04.27 on windows 11 Pro, 25H2

1. With the minimal example below, \startMPpage is clipped to Page so the bleed area in the enlarged MediaBox remains white 2. Is this the intended behaviour of \startMPpage? If so, what is recommended to create artwork that extends into the bleed while keeping the TrimBox and crop marks?

\definepapersize[cover][width=320mm,height=240mm]
\definepapersize[book][width=160mm,height=240mm]
\setuppapersize[distance=38mm]
\setuplayout[backspace=18mm, width=129mm, height=223mm, marking=color]
\setuplayout[location=middle]

You must set the PDF boxes like

\setuplayout[
  marking=color,
  location=middle,
  cropoffset=0mm,
  trimoffset=-7.5mm,
  bleedoffset=3mm,
]
\setupinteractionscreen[width=max,height=max] % needed for activation

I didn’t check if \startMPpage then still crops the image, I’d use \setlayer for placement.

Hraban
___________________________________________________________________________________
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 
Wiki!

maillist : [email protected] / 
https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl
webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / https://context.aanhet.net (mirror)
archive  : https://github.com/contextgarden/context
wiki     : https://wiki.contextgarden.net
___________________________________________________________________________________

Reply via email to