David Arnold wrote:

Hans, Taco, Adam et al,

I dropped all of my lucida pfb and afm fonts into a temporary directory, ~/tmp/lucida. Change to that directory and entered:

texfont --ve=yandy --co=lucida --ma --in

Log file is attached. I was able to compile the resulting texnansi- yandy-lucida.tex. Progress.

However, when you look at the log file you will see some "skipping" of the math fonts, certainly not what I want, being a mathematics teacher. For example,

      font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbma

       font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi -> math -> skipping
      use supplied tfm : lbmad

I looked in type-buy.dat and found:

# bh lucida

--en=? --ve=bh --co=lucida --re
--en=? --ve=bh --co=lucida --so=bh/lucida --ma --in --expert

Is the fact that I didn't use that --expert switch my problem? How can I get texfont to not "skip" the math fonts?

because they are rather special, math and expert fonts are left untouched by texfont so you should move the supplied tfm files (as reported) to the yandy/lucida path yourself

(and run mktexlsr afterwards)

(lucida is one of the few commercial fonts with math support, so this is an exception; the free math fonts (quite some now) are already in the te distributions)