Hans Hagen wrote:
Hi,

I 'reorganized' (split) the beginners manual and put it in svn, so anyone who is willing to translate can check out a copy. I didn't yet change anything (only the file structure etc) and the styles need a cleanup (more modern setup). Because each chapter now has its own file, we can (as suggested on this list) edit piecewise. Don't start yet. First we need to add/remove things and rewrite chapters. But you can try to compile the file.

Hans

Hello,

I got unexpected positive responce to idea of beginners manual translation on Saturday's Czech/Slovak TUG meeting. The small working group of 5 people was establish there. Nobody but me has context experience now, but I think it is not a serious drawback for translating.

There was an interest (when the work will be finnished) to publish it in the Czechoslovac TeX Bulletin. I find only advantages for ConTeXt to do so, nevertheless I have to ask if such idea is welcomed.

Vit